Some notes from the data science meetup in Hong Kong.
Xavier’s project: Breakout trading strategy on cyber money
Link to the strategy: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/08/trading-breakouts.asp
Question: What does “long” and “short” mean? How much do you buy, or how much do you sell?
- Python API for real time tweets
- Facial data classification using Keras
What I learnt:
- Keras documentation:https://keras.io/models/model/
- and examples:
- With statement in Python: open and closing file. http://effbot.org/zone/python-with-statement.htm
- code9 – a website for collaborative coding
- Don’t need to understand the model fully to get some results.
- First, download the example from git and try run on my mac. It worked, but takes long time to run,
- Then Vivan set up a server with Jupyter notebook. Copy and paste the codes there and they can run.
- Next step is to change the dataset. Found the dataset on Kaggle, look at the format. Vivian and Wadas wrote the code to manipulate data, I didn’t understand what was going there.
- Then run the codes again and we got the results.
- Stanford CNN lecture: http://cs231n.github.io/optimization-2/